S.R.E.B – Silk Road Economic Belt (Overland)
M.S.R – 21st Century Maritime Silk Road Sea
AIM Of OBOR
Connectivity and cooperation
People’s Republic of China with Eurasia
Middle East, Africa, Europe
Via the landlocked central Asian and littoral south east asia nations.
What is it made of?
Highways, overland Rail router, Ports, Gas Pipelines, other infrastructure.
(Infrastructure is just a part of OROB)
Trains Running Already from China
Duisbury Germany Madrid – Spain
Tehran – Iran
Aims stated by China
Historical Heritage – Silk route
Cultural rejuvenation – people to people
Trade and economic co-operation
Standardized and linked trade facilities financial integration.
Where will the money come from?
Asian infrastructure investment Bank AIIB
China Development Bank – CDB
Silk Road Fund
NDB – BRICS – India member
Deals with PANTNER NATIONS
Why China needs OROB?
- Energy Needs
- Regional Disparities – South and eastern China laggin behind.
- Manufacturing Boom is unsustainable
- Integration of Economy
- Tapping into new and under Developed regions
- Global Dominance
- Exact details are sketchy/not available
- Territorial integrity of India in Kashmir
- String of Pearls
- Indian Ocean Dominance
- Geo Strategic implications
Positives for India
- Huge economic boost
- Integration with Eurasia
- Infrastructure demand met
- Trust build up with China
Difficulties in China’s Way
- South china Sea Dispute
- Senkaku island Dispute with Japan
- India !!
- Cultural Differences
- Different status of Economics